Developing Smart,Skilled, and Creative Children through Competing for Excellence.
The International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO) for Primary Schools is an annual competition in Math and Science organized by the Directorate of Kindergarten and Primary Education, Ministry of National Education, Indonesia. It has been conducted since its inception in major cities in Indonesia which is being participated in mostly by Asian countries and territories like Malaysia, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Macau, Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand to mention a few.
The competition was instituted in 2003, which was then called AMSO (ASEAN Mathematics and Science Olymp Learn More
It has been generally acknowledged that education determines the quality of human resources. Elementary schools, as part of the basic education, provide children with skills of reading, writing, arithmetic, and basic science. A program which could stimulate creativity, develop critical and analytical thinking is important to be provided to children at the primary school level are in the “golden period of education”.
To implement this program, the Local Government of Alfonso, Cavite and the Mathematics Trainers’ Guild, Philippines in coordination with the Department of Education and Department of Science and Technology have organized the 10th International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO) at Primary School level. Participation in the 10th IMSO is by invitation.
The general objectives of the Olympiad are to improve the competencies of the elementary school students in Mathematics and Science and foster relationships among primary school students.
The specific objectives of this Olympiad are:
- To develop elementary school students' talent and interest in Mathematics and Science; and
- To motivate the elementary school students in developing their intellectual capacity and skills in Mathematics and Science.
Guidelines and Regulations
- The 10th IMSO 2013 will be held in the Alfonso, Cavite, Philippines on 25 – 29 November 2013.
- Contestants and officials must arrive in Alfonso, Cavite, Philippines on 25 November 2013.
- Tutors/Trainers will moderate on the marking of students on 26, 27 November 2013.
- Tests will be held on 26 and 27 November 2013.